Help is on the Web!
There is more to Environment, 4e by Raven and Berg than what you see in this text. An enhanced book-specific Web site will help you further examine critical environmental issues. The Web site offers a variety of activities to help you succeed in your course and additional tools that will help you make environmentally responsible choices.
Online resources include:
* Environmental Debates provide the opportunity to learn about two sides of a contentious issue affecting the environment.
* Activity Links identify the most useful Internet links related to the environment and present short exercises that invite you to use these links to increase your understanding of the material.
* Take a Stand activities encourage you to think critically and carefully weigh the short- and long-term advantages and disadvantages of a particular position relating to an environmental situation.
* Research Projects provide you with specific suggestions for topics, reading materials, research techniques, and activities.
* Case Studies highlight key issues in environmental science and lead you to related Web sites for further information.
* How to Make a Difference shows how to get involved in environmental issues and lists environmental organizations that you can join.
* Student Lounge offers valuable study tips and writing tips that will help you get a better grade.
* Quizzes and Essays test your understanding of each chapter with multiple-choice, true/false questions, and short-answer essay questions. You can email your answers and responses directly to your instructor.